What can you do if QuickBooks refuses to print? If you own a business, printing is undoubtedly one of the most crucial aspects. Many users complain that QuickBooks fails to print reports, bills, invoices, forms, and some other items. A lot of factors can lead to this problem. Because of the QuickBooks not printing issue, you may have to stop working, and postpone some of your key tasks. So, if you’re having the same problem, you’ve come to the perfect place. Here you can find the most effective methods for resolving this problem. Before we get into the solutions, let’s go over the most common reasons why QuickBooks won’t print. Since, this will make it easier for you to resolve the error.
Why Can’t You Print From QuickBooks?
QuickBooks printing issues can arise for a variety of reasons. Here’s a list of causes that will help you figure out why these printing issues occur:
- Users have tried to print before turning on their printing device.
- Users frequently attempt to print without paper in the printer tray.
- You’ll be facing the problem if your QuickBooks printer is in offline mode.
- If the QuickBooks printer’s default settings do not remain the same, it will not print.
- QuickBooks printing issues may occur by incorrect printer installation.
- It is also possible that the printing problem is occurring d to a faulty QuickBooks re-installation.
Find Out Solutions To Fix The QuickBooks Won’t Print Issues?
We’ll look at the easy solution to resolve the QuickBooks won’t print issue. Before you try any of these solutions, make sure you have the most recent version of QuickBooks installed on your computer. And your device is linked to your QuickBooks printer.
Solution 1: Run a printer check outside of QuickBooks
- To begin, open word processing programs such as Microsoft Word or Notepad.
- Type any text into the box, then select it from the Open-File menu.
- Print on the default printer or select a new one from the drop-down option.
- If the printer driver writes the text correctly, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Resolve any Printer Issues
- Turn the printer off, restart your computer, and then turn it back on again.
- Check to see if the printer paper is loaded in your device properly.
- After tapping the Windows Start button, go to the Control Panel and select Printers and Fax.
- Double-click your printing device, then select your Printer and Cancel All Documents if there are any print jobs in the queue.n
- Close the window and select the QB printer with the right-click menu.
- Finally, go to Properties and select Print Test Page from the drop-down menu.
- If your printer and computer are fine, you get the test print right. But, if your Test Page does not print, move on to another solution.
Solution 3: Connect printer to a different computer
- To begin, connect your printer to another computer.
- Now go to the printer manufacturer’s official website and download and install the latest printer driver.
- Later, see whether you can connect your printer to another computer and monitor if it is working fine this time.
- If the problem persists, contact the printer manufacturer’s customer service.
Solution 4: Use the Print and Repair Tool in QuickBooks
- Run the QB Print and Repair Tool to fix all the common printing issues, then try printing again.
- Alternatively, you can rename the QBQBPrint.QBP file manually if the repair tool doesn’t work.
- You can rename the QBprint.qbp file of your QuickBooks version by right-clicking it.
- To the file’s name, add in the term “old” (QBPrint.qbp.old)
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Choose Printer Setup from the File menu.
- Select OK after choosing any transaction from the Form Name list. A new QBprint.qbp file will be created as a result of this.
If you can’t print from QuickBooks, it’s all about finding solutions to the problem. Still, if you’re having trouble resolving the error, you can seek assistance from authorized QuickBooks specialists for a long-term solution.