QuickBooks error 6123 is seen while performing various operations such as opening, upgrading, and restoring the company file. When the error encounters, an error message comes up on the screen saying, “We are sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” The factors that give rise to the error are damaged company files, Windows Firewall restrictions, and a corrupted Windows operating system. Moreover, the error also appears when a user tries to open the company file in multi-user mode. Follow the complete blog to understand why QuickBooks error message 6123 appears and how to fix it.
If you need direct assistance to fix QuickBooks error 6123, reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our customer service number +1-855-856-0042.
Triggers for QuickBooks error code 6123
Various factors that give rise to the error are listed below:
- Windows Firewall creating a problem for QuickBooks in connecting to the server.
- The user is trying to restore the backup from an external storage device.
- The Database Manager service of QuickBooks is running properly.
- Some company files stored in the QuickBooks folder are damaged and corrupted.
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks company file error 6123
Method 1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and use Quick Fix my Program
- Close company files opened in QuickBooks and then exit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Open your web browser and download the newly released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- Once done, save the setup file to an easily accessible location and then double-click to open it.
- Perform the instructions given on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions to successfully install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and select the Program Problems tab.
- Select Run Quick Fix my Program and wait till it resolves issues within the program.
- Next, open QuickBooks to check if the issue is fixed.
Method 2. Run QB File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix error 6123
- Click the Company File Issues tab within the QuickBooks Tool and then click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Wait till the File Doctor opens, scroll the drop-down, and choose your company file.
- If you can’t see the company file in the drop-down, choose the Check your File option and click Continue.
- Type QuickBooks admin password and click Continue to start the tool.
- Wait till the File Doctor repairs the company file. When the File Doctor is finished, choose your company file and open QuickBooks Desktop.
blog posted on latest tech ideas.
Method 3. Try restoring the company file from the backup
- Open QuickBooks, choose the File menu, and click Open or Restore Company.
- Click Restore a backup copy, click Next, and then Local Backup.
- Select Next, browse the backup company file on your computer having the .qbb extension.
- Select a folder to save the restored company file and then choose Open.
- Once done, click Save.
It’s time to end our advisory blog on QuickBooks error 6123. We hope the solutions discussed above will work for you in fixing the issue. If the issue continues, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.